Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We have arrived!

Well, it's about 2 AM here in Moscow and I'm just getting settled in the dorm before we all meet at 10 AM to start the day. I'm kind of still on Detroit time, which makes it closer to dinner time for me, so sleeping should be a fun attempt:-P The flights were pretty nice, AirFrance treated us real nice on the long flight from Detroit to Paris where we had a four hour lay-over (I naturally watched "A League of Their Own" on my computer and took a nap at the terminal since we had to stay inside the airport)! But we got into Moscow just before 10 PM (here) and after going through passport control, we met our liasons from the MXAT and took a bus to the school. Dorm rooms were handed out, though there weren't enough singles as promised, so I'm sharing with a new friend named Emma from University of Michigan for the night - hopefully I'll have my own space tomorrow. We took a trip to the two local 24 hour grocery stores for some snacks and the neighborhood seems very clean, hip, and quiet... at least at 1 AM on a Wednesday! It feels comfortable but somehow still alien, if that makes sense. It's really hard to tell what kinds of stores or restaurants their signs depict are on the faces of all the buildings since the language is so unfamiliar. But the archetecture already is beautiful and impressive. So that's all for now, I think it'd be a good idea to brush up on my alphabet before bed so I don't feel so clueless walking around from now on. Love to everyone back in the states, I'll get back to you when there are more interesting things to write about than layovers and grocery stores. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment